Most people dream of living a healthy lifestyle; however, only a few of them make this dream come true. It’ because health and wellness are challenging in real life, it’s tough to eat well, spend quality time with your partner, train your body, meditate, and do a full-time job each day.
But the good news is that by making small changes in your daily routine, you can have a slice of a healthy way of life. Without feeling momentous, you can do it consistently and achieve health goals. Let’s uncover the secret to a healthy lifestyle.
Importance of health and wellness
Staying healthy and fit is highly important as it decides the quality of our life. It can make you more productive, happier, less stressed, positive, and improve social connections.
Concept of health and wellness
A healthy lifestyle comprises a balance between diet & nutrition, physical activity, mental and social connection. Let’s discuss each in detail-
Diet and Nutrition
Healthy eating is essential for the growth and maintenance of our bodies. Since we all humans are different, the nutritional requirement is also different. Children, teenagers, adults, and seniors will have separated diet and nutrition. But there are some tips which can be easily followed by all age groups:
- Eat healthy meal (breakfast, lunch & dinner) three times a day
- Majority of food consumption must contain vegetables, whole grains, fruits, low-fat or fat-free products
- Include poultry, nuts, eggs, beans, fish, and lean meat
- Control the portion of food you consume.
- Eat snacks in moderation to satisfy your hunger pangs as an excess snacks can cause weight gain
- Avoid sugary drinks as they contain excessive calories
- Avoid eating overcooked meats of any type
- Seek advice if you have any health issue like overweight, diabetes, etc
Exercise is one of the major contributors when comes to live a healthy lifestyle. It can enhance overall health and minimize the risk of weakness, obesity, lack of endurance, and more. Some of the tips to be followed are-
- Exercise regularly to improve flexibility, balance, endurance and decrease the risk of health issues
- Spend 20-30 minutes walking after dinner to receive the greatest health benefits
- Avoid indulging in vigorous exercise to avoid excessive soreness, fatigue, and injury
- Play basketball, volleyball, badminton, or cricket on Sunday’s
- If you feel sore and tired, seek medical help
- Move your body even 30 minutes of work at the office
Mental health is as important as physical health. It includes an emotional side of yours. Some tips to be followed are-
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep to avoid feeling fatigue in the morning
- Walk-in morning or go to the gym for at least 30 minutes
- In your leisure time, do things that interest you such as painting, singing, etc
- Have fun with your family members and buddies
- Go on a vacation trip or meditate to relax your mind
- Avoid tobacco or smoking as it is the no.1 reason for death throughout the world
- Avoid excessive alcohol as it damages your liver, kidney, and abdomen
These are some of the healthy tips you require to live a life of high quality.