An ironing board is a household essential that makes ironing clothes easier and more efficient. However, once you are done with the ironing, it is important to properly close the ironing board to prevent it from taking up unnecessary space and to ensure its longevity.
Closing an ironing board is a simple process, but it is important to follow the proper steps to avoid any damage or injury. In this guide, we will go through the steps to safely and easily close the board.
Types of Ironing Board
Ironing boards come in different types and sizes, each with unique features and benefits. Here are some of the most common types of these boards:
- Standard board: A standard board is the most common type of ironing board. It has a flat, rectangular surface for ironing clothes and folds up for easy storage. These boards come in various sizes and are suitable for most households.
- Tabletop board: Tabletop boards are designed to be placed on top of a table or countertop for ironing. They are compact and easy to store, making them ideal for small spaces or apartments.
- Wall-mounted board: A wall-mounted board is attached to the wall and folds down for use. They are a great space-saving solution for smaller homes or apartments where floor space is limited.
- Built-in board: A built-in board is installed inside a cabinet or closet and folds down for use. These are typically larger than other types of boards and are ideal for those who do a lot of ironing.
- Multi-functional board: A multi-functional board is designed to serve other purposes in addition to ironing. For example, some models include a built-in laundry rack or a folding step stool.
Choosing the right type of board depends on your individual needs, available space, and budget. Consider the size of the board, storage options, and additional features when making your decision.
How to Fold Up an Ironing Board?
Folding up an ironing board is a simple process, but it is important to do it properly to prevent damage to the board or injury. Here are the steps to fold up an ironing board:
- Remove any clothes or items from the ironing board.
- Unplug the iron and let it cool down before storing it.
- Slide the board to the end of the table or countertop it is on, making sure it is stable.
- Release the locking mechanism that holds the board in place. This is usually located near the legs of the board.
- Fold the legs of the board together. Hold the board at the centre and push the legs together. Be careful not to pinch your fingers.
- Fold the board in half. Lift the board from the narrow end and fold it in half, making sure the legs are facing upward.
- Secure the board with the locking mechanism. This will prevent the board from unfolding during storage.
- Store the board in a dry, cool place. Avoid stacking heavy objects on top of the folded board to prevent damage.
By following these steps, you can safely and easily fold up your ironing board and store it away until it is needed again.
Read More: SpreeOwl is a modern media blogging website focusing on business, finance, technology, healthcare, entrepreneurship, leadership, and lifestyle.