VRoid Studio is a free 3D character modelling software that allows users to create custom avatars for use in virtual worlds and games. While VRoid Studio offers a variety of customization options, users may want to further refine and edit their models in external 3D modelling software such as Blender.
Blender is a popular open-source 3D modelling software that is widely used by professionals and hobbyists alike. It offers a wide range of tools and features that can help users create and edit complex 3D models.
If you have created a VRoid model in VRoid Studio and want to edit it further in Blender, this guide will provide you with a step-by-step process for importing your VRoid model into Blender, editing it, and exporting it back to VRoid Studio. With these steps, you can unlock even more creative potential and make your VRoid model truly unique.
How to Edit VRoid Model In Blender?
Here’s a detailed step-by-step process to edit VRoid models in Blender:
- Exporting VRoid model as a .obj file: Open your VRoid Studio and load your model. Then, click on the “Export” button and select “Wavefront (.obj)” as the file type. Save the .obj file to your desired location.
- Opening Blender: Launch Blender and create a new project. You should see a default cube on the screen.
- Importing VRoid model into Blender: Go to the “File” menu and select “Import”. Choose “Wavefront (.obj)” from the list of options and select the .obj file that you exported from VRoid Studio. In the import settings, make sure “Import Materials” and “Import Textures” are selected. Then click “Import OBJ”.
- Editing the model in Blender: Once the model is imported, you can use Blender’s tools to edit it. You can modify the mesh by selecting vertices, edges, or faces and using the tools in the toolbar on the left-hand side of the screen. You can also add new objects, adjust the lighting, or apply textures to the model.
- Exporting the edited model: Once you have made the desired changes, you can export the edited model back to VRoid Studio. Go to the “File” menu and select “Export”. Choose “Wavefront (.obj)” from the list of options and save the file to your desired location. In the export settings, make sure that “Write Materials” and “Include UVs” are selected.
- Importing the edited model back to VRoid Studio: Open VRoid Studio and load your original model. Click on the “Import” button and select the .obj file that you just exported from Blender. The edited model should now be loaded into VRoid Studio. You can then continue to modify the model using VRoid Studio’s tools, or export it for use in other applications.
By following these steps, you can edit your VRoid models in Blender and unlock even more creative potential.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is VRoid Studio free?
Yes, VRoid Studio is free to download and use.
What platforms is VRoid Studio available on?
VRoid Studio is available for Windows and Mac operating systems.
What kind of models can I create with VRoid Studio?
With VRoid Studio, users can create a variety of models, including anime-style characters, chibi characters, and even animals.
How easy is it to use VRoid Studio?
VRoid Studio is designed to be user-friendly, with a simple and intuitive interface that allows users to create 3D models quickly and easily.
Can I use my VRoid Studio models in other applications?
Yes, VRoid Studio allows users to export their models in a variety of formats, including .obj and .fbx, which can be used in other 3D modelling software or game engines.
Read More: SpreeOwl is a modern media blogging website focusing on business, finance, technology, healthcare, entrepreneurship, leadership, and lifestyle.