We live in an era of wireless earbuds that has revolutionized and changed how we listen and experience music. Apple AirPods is one of the top wireless earbuds in the market that has really changed our style of listening and experiencing music, especially when learning to take advantage of the Bluetooth technology to connect directly with our ThinkPad.
One of the cool features about the AirPods that people don’t really seem to talk about is its ability to connect to non-apple devices like a ThinkPad or other Lenovo laptop that supports Bluetooth connection.
In this article, we will focus more on how to connect AirPods to Lenovo laptop and what you should do when they refuse to pair together. We will also share with you what you can do when your Lenovo laptop doesn’t support Bluetooth to connect an Airpods.
Connecting any type of AirPods to your Lenovo laptop or ThinkPad is very possible and if you are in a hurry to do so, follow these instructions.
Here’s how to connect AirPods to Lenovo laptop:
- Press the Windows key + I to launch Settings.
- Inside settings, Click on Devices.
- Turn on Bluetooth.
- Select on Add Bluetooth or other devices.
- Choose Bluetooth.
- Now, Open the lid of your AirPods case.
- Click and hold the button behind your AirPods case.
- Release the button after you see a white light.
- Select your AirPods from the list of discovered devices.
- Click on Done to finish.
Can You Connect Airpods To A Lenovo Laptop?
Yes you can connect any AirPods to a Lenovo laptop as long as its supports Bluetooth connection. The Bluetooth connection of both devices is the only thing required for both devices to connect successfully.
The only reason why your AirPods won’t connect to your computer is because your Lenovo laptop doesn’t support Bluetooth which is the necessary connection to connect.
If your Lenovo laptop or ThinkPad doesn’t support Bluetooth, you should get an external Bluetooth adaptor. It works just like the inbuilt Bluetooth technology and the only difference is that the tiny device will be inserted into a single USB port.
How To Connect AirPods To A Lenovo Laptop
1. Press the Windows key + I to launch settings.
2. Inside settings, Click on Devices.
3. Turn on Bluetooth.
4. Select on Add Bluetooth or other devices.
5. Choose Bluetooth.
6. Now, Open the lid of your AirPods case.
7. Click and hold the button behind your AirPods case.
8. Release the button after you see a white light.
9. Select your AirPods among the list of discovered devices.
10. Click on Done to finish.
AirPods Are Connected To Lenovo Laptop But No Sound
If you are facing a situation whereby your airpods are connected to your Lenovo laptop but no sound are coming out, you should try these solutions:
- Increase your volume – I know this may sound absurd to you but it doing it won’t take any much of your time. So for as your AirPods are connected to your Lenovo laptop then there’s really not much left to do. Check your volume settings to make sure the are increased for you to hear the sounds coming out of your Lenovo laptop.
- Switch Audio Output – There’s a chance that your Lenovo computer is still using its own speaker as the audio output even after connecting your AirPods to it. Here’s how to switch your audio output:
1. Right click on your audio icon located on the taskbar.
2. Click on open sound settings.
3. In the output section, you have the option to switch your audio output to your AirPods.
How To Reconnect Paired AirPods To Your Lenovo Laptop
Since your AirPods has already been paired with your Lenovo laptop, reconnecting them is easy and this is how to go about it:
- Make sure your Lenovo laptop Bluetooth is enabled.
- Flip open the lid of your Airpods to connect automatically to your computer.
If your AirPods doesn’t connect automatically, then you will have connect it manually.
- Press windows key + I to open settings.
- Click on devices.
- Enable the Bluetooth of your Lenovo laptop.
- Open the lid of your AirPods casing.
- Click specifically on your AirPods device among the list of paired devices.
Surely, you can see that connecting your AirPods to your Lenovo laptop is actually easy and nothing too technical.
As long as you follow the methods I provided, you shouldn’t have any worries.
If you are facing situations whereby your AirPods refuse to connect to your Lenovo laptop, you should remove the device among your paired devices and then reconnect it with the method above.
If you are worried about reconnecting your AirPods after you disconnect it, you don’t have to be.
Your AirPods should connect automatically when you are in close range with your Lenovo laptop and Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
Why Are My AirPods Not Connecting To My Lenovo Laptop?
These are the common reasons why your AirPods is not connecting to your Lenovo laptop:
1. You haven’t turned on your AirPods bluetooth.
2. Your Lenovo laptop bluetooth is turned off.
3. Your AirPods battery is low.
4. You are to far from your Lenovo Laptop
How Do I Turn On My Bluetooth On My Lenovo Laptop?
1. Search for windows settings in windows search.
2. Click on windows settings from the search result.
3. Click on devices inside windows settings.
4. Turn on Bluetooth.