Function keys are supported on your laptop system to perform any quick task or action just by pressing one key. Each key may have a specific function to perform. As a user, you might want to change the function keys on your Lenovo laptop, or you want to disable the hotkey functionality of these keys in your Windows environment.
So in this guide, we are providing an easy and quick solution for you to edit or change these keys.
How To Change Function Keys in Lenovo Laptop Windows 10
- Access the BIOS (method to enter BIOS in Windows 8.1, Windows 10).
- Once in the BIOS menu, select the Configuration tab.
- Select Hotkey Mode and set it to Disabled.
- Save and Exit the BIOS menu (press F10 and then Enter).
- Press Fn + Esc to enable Fn Lock and disable the hotkey functionality.
After enabling or disabling Hotkey Mode, use the hotkey as follows:
Utilize the hotkey by squeezing a solitary Fx key. Then press the Fx function by squeezing Fn + Fx key. Note: Fx implies the same capability key like F1, F2, etc.
Utilize the hotkey by squeezing Fn + Fx key. Then press the Fx by squeezing the Fx key straightforwardly.
Note: If the Fn + Esc order works, however, it doesn’t stay initiated after a restart, update the Profiles or Hotkey programming. In case that Hotkey Mode isn’t accessible under the Profiles menu, check the Lenovo Backing site for any Profiles updates.
For some models like Yoga 900s or Yoga 910, hotkey settings have been removed from the BIOS configuration. Use these Lenovo Settings to configure.
- Search My Device Settings and then click on Input & Accessories for key information in your Lenovo laptop.
- If you have changed the function keys of your window 98 laptop mistakenly, then you can change them back easily. Most of the laptops come with multipurpose keys such as F1 – F12 keys. These keys are used to adjust brightness or turn wifi on or off and other such functions directly.
- If you are would like to use the F1 – F12 keys for different functions to perform through laptop as mentioned above, you have to press the dedicated Fn key and the specific key. For example, on a Dell latitude 7480, to increase the volume, you can use the keys Fn + F3 keys.
- There are multiple ways of doing this process, using the keyboard keys with your laptop on, through the BIOS, and using the windows action center.
Revert / Invert Fn Keys using Keyboard
This is an easy way that should work on most of the laptops.
- To revert Fn keys back to defaults, press the Fn + ESC key.
- If you have inverted the Fn keys by mistake, you just press Fn + ESC key from the keyboard, then they will be set back to normal.
- In this way, you can toggle to invert them.
- If this cant help, then you might need to change them in the BIOS settings.
To Change the Fn keys from the BIOS
- Shut down the laptop.
- Now turn it back on and when it boots up, press the F2 key to enter the BIOS settings of the laptop.
- Navigate with the keyboard arrows on the Advanced tab
- In the Advanced tab, select the “Function Key Behavior.”
- Then select multimedia or Function.
- Save your changes and reboot normally.
- Now the Fn Keys should be changed upon how they work depending on whether you set it on Function or multimedia.
This was a short discussion on how to change function keys on your Lenovo laptop in easy steps. For more details, leave a comment in the box below.
Q#1: How do I use the function keys on Lenovo’s laptop?
Ans: Press Fn + Esc from the keyboard to enable Fn Lock or to disable the hotkey functionality. Use the hotkey Fn by pressing the Fx key.
Q#2: How do I enable F1 to F12 keys?
Ans: Users have to press the Fn key from the laptop and then press an “Fn Lock” key to activate it.