Valheim is an immensely popular open-world survival game that takes players on an epic Viking adventure. One of the handy features in Valheim is the auto pickup function, which allows players to automatically collect items and resources from the ground without manually interacting with them. However, there may be instances where the auto pickup feature is not working as intended, causing frustration for players.
If you find yourself facing issues with Valheim’s auto pickup not functioning properly, don’t worry. In this guide, we will provide you with a set of troubleshooting steps to help you resolve this problem and get back to enjoying a seamless gaming experience.
Please note that specific solutions may vary depending on your game settings, mods, and the version of Valheim you are playing. However, the general principles outlined in this guide should help you diagnose and resolve common issues encountered with the auto pickup feature.
How to Fix Valheim’s Auto Pickup If Not Working?
If the auto pickup feature in Valheim is not working as expected, here are some troubleshooting steps you can take to address the issue:
1. Verify game settings: Ensure that the auto pickup feature is enabled in the game settings. Open the in-game options menu and navigate to the gameplay or controls section. Look for an option related to auto pickup and make sure it is toggled on or set to the desired setting.
2. Check for conflicting mods: If you have installed mods for Valheim, they could potentially interfere with the auto pickup feature. Temporarily disable all mods and test if the auto pickup starts working. If it does, re-enable mods one by one to identify if any specific mod is causing the issue. Check the mod’s documentation or reach out to the mod developer for support or updates.
3. Update the game: Ensure that you are running the latest version of Valheim. Developers often release patches and updates to address known issues and improve game performance. Check for available updates through your game launcher or platform (e.g., Steam) and install them if necessary. Sometimes, a simple update can fix issues with game features.
4. Verify game files: Valheim game files may sometimes get corrupted, leading to various issues. Verify the integrity of the game files to ensure they are intact and properly installed. In Steam, right-click on Valheim in your library, go to Properties, select the Local Files tab, and click on “Verify integrity of game files.” This process will check for any corrupted files and replace them as needed.
5. Reinstall mods: If you have identified that a specific mod is causing the issue, try reinstalling that mod. Remove the mod from your game files and download the latest version from a trusted source. Follow the installation instructions provided by the mod developer and test if the auto pickup starts working after reinstalling the mod.
6. Seek assistance from the Valheim community: Visit Valheim community forums, subreddit, or Discord channels to seek advice from other players who may have experienced similar issues. They may have specific insights or recommendations to help you troubleshoot the auto pickup problem.
7. Contact Valheim support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, consider reaching out to the official Valheim support channels for assistance. Visit the game’s official website or the platform you purchased the game from (e.g., Steam) to find information on how to contact support. Provide them with detailed information about the issue, including any relevant error messages or steps you have already taken to troubleshoot.
Remember, the troubleshooting steps provided here are general suggestions, and specific solutions may vary depending on your game setup and circumstances. It’s always a good idea to refer to official game documentation, forums, or support channels for more specific and up-to-date guidance tailored to your situation.
Read More: SpreeOwl is a modern media blogging website focusing on business, finance, technology, healthcare, entrepreneurship, leadership, and lifestyle.